YOU ARE THE DIFFERENCE - TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH MORE
Volunteers are the heart of the Y; without their selflessness, we couldn’t do the work we do every day to help kids, families, and communities thrive.
There are so many opportunities for volunteers to enhance their personal well-being and develop meaningful relationships at the Y – all while making an impact in the community they care about.
Volunteers of the Y...
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help at special events and projects
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
All Volunteers are required to:
- Fill out a Volunteer Packet
- Take Child Sexual Abuse Training every two years
- Volunteers 18 years and older must have a background check done (form may be picked up at the front desk)
Coaches must also complete additional trainings located here .
Visit The Redwoods Institute Website to register and get started!